Thursday 21 March 2013

The Panic

Out it came from the wardrobe.  The grey sweater that I’d forgotten about and that doesn’t even really fit that well.  The one that I haven’t worn for 3 years.  And in it went to the charity shop bag.  Along with those white cropped linen trousers which are just, so , grannyish.  And so not sexy yummy mummy forty-something French vogue-ish funky city dwelling rock chick.  (A girl has to aim high!)
And off I went to work.
And then the panic set in.  No matter that I could retrieve the jumper and trousers when I got home. No matter that I’d forgotten I owned the jumper, and the trousers were just too M&S for words.  I was instantly worrying that I would IMMEDIATELY have cause to wear them, and that if I didn’t have them anymore I’d have to go and find new ones, and I probably wouldn’t be able to, and then WHAT WOULD I DO????!!!!
What on earth was all that about?  I’ve been clearing and sorting my wardrobe for ages, on and off.  And whilst the current purge is probably more extensive and far-ranging than any other I’ve done, I’m not just leaving myself with a pair of jeans and a white shirt (that would be hell on earth for me!).  And some of the things I’ve got rid of or sold, I liked far more than these 2 things.
The only thing I can think of is that the decision this morning wasn’t based on a few weeks of consideration like most of my ‘deletions’.  It was spur of the moment, ‘I don’t like this’. 
But I’m resolute – they are staying in the charity bag.
Have you ever experienced this?  What did you do?  Did you manage to stay resolute in the face of temptation?

No comments:

Post a Comment